Search Box x.
Drunk Tank Pink. Written By: Adam Alter.
- Lone Wolf & Cub, Volume 10: Hostage Child?
- Book | Adam Alter | Drunk Tank Pink - NYU Stern.
- Visual C++ . NET developers guide.
- Drunk Tank Pink:And Other Unexpected Forces That Shape How We Think, Feel, and Behave.
- Sexuality in Fishes.
Read By: Tristan Morris. Apple Books Audible Audiobooks. See retailer for details. Written by: Adam Alter.
ISBN 13: 9789861753294
Read by: Tristan Morris. Synopsis Praise.
An illuminating look at the way the thoughts we have and the decisions we make are influenced by forces that aren't always in our control Why are people named Kim, Kelly, and Ken more likely to donate to Hurricane Katrina victims than to Hurricane Rita victims? Do you find bright sunshine energizing?
In fact, it seems to introduce a mental stupor. Australian researchers conducted a memory test on unsuspecting shoppers by placing a group of items on a store counter and testing what shoppers recalled on exiting the shop.
Join Kobo & start eReading today
Subjects recalled three times as many items on gray, cloudy days as on sunny days! One chapter is devoted to surprising color effects. Red is a potent color in many ways, but one of the more unusual ones is that using a red pen makes you more strict. Essay reviewers found an average of 24 errors when using a red pen vs. Similarly, another set of reviewers gave essays an average grade of 80 when using a blue pen, but only 76 with red ink.
And the red effect works on students,too. Alter describes a variety of experiments in which students primed with red performed more poorly on tests. Alter writes in an entertaining style totally accessible to the lay reader. If you enjoy learning about the quirky side of human behavior, Drunk Tank Pink is a must-read.
DRUNK TANK PINK by Adam Alter | Kirkus Reviews
He is the primary author at Neuromarketing , contributes at Forbes , and hosts the Brainfluence Podcast. Learn more at RogerDooley. Brainfluence in Korean. Decoy Marketing.
What can persuasion science tell you about the effect of your messages on the brain? The Psychology of Beer and Wine, too. Nice review about Drunk Tank Pink.
- Drunk Tank Pink and Behave And Other Unexpected Forces that Shape How We Think Feel.
- Drunk Tank Pink: And Other Unexpected Forces That Shape How We Think, Feel, and Behave.
- Drunk Tank Pink: And Other Unexpected Forces that Shape How We Think, Feel, and Behave;
- How Philosophers Saved Myths: Allegorical Interpretation and Classical Mythology?
- Drunk Tank Pink : And Other Unexpected Forces That Shape How We Think, Feel, and Behave?
- Making Sense of Humanity: And Other Philosophical Papers.
- The Reagan Presidency and the Politics of Race: In Pursuit of Colorblind Justice and Limited Government (Journal for the Study of the).
- Account Options!
The little details you posted as a teaser of what the book is all about is also very interesting. I will definitely try to find a copy of the book. Thanks for sharing this. You figure companies like McDonalds have been using the same techniques for years to influence customers.
In Alter's hands, case studies take on new life More than you would ever imagine, your life is influenced by factors such as the first letter of your name, the average climate of our country, and whether you are in the presence of the color pink. With remarkable clarity and subversive humor, Alter presents a radical new perspective on human nature.
I guarantee you'll be want to share the incredible anecdotes in Drunk Tank Pink with friends. Seemingly banal things will begin to mean more than you ever realized. If you want to see the bumpers-and regain some control of your destiny-read this delightful book. Review quote "Alter not only explains the source of many cognitive quirks, but convincingly argues that comprehending them affords a better understanding of broader behaviors, from cyclical poverty to altruism If you want to see the bumpers--and regain some control of your destiny--read this delightful book. Rating details. Book ratings by Goodreads.